Black Friday Tips 2012
The ads are coming out earlier and earlier every year! Here are some tips for Black Friday 2012
The ads are emerging insanely early this year which makes it even easier to plan your budget and your game plan for the big day even easier. What is even more exciting about this year is that most sales will be starting prior to Black Friday. Many of the big stores are starting sales at 8PM Thursday. That’s got to be really crappy for the folks who work there but great for shoppers.
Here are some tips to make your Black Friday shopping as effective as possible:
* Plan your budget and shopping list ahead of time and use cash if possible.
* If you have many retailers you are hitting prioritize which places are most important.
* Leave the kids at home. I realize sometimes it’s not possible but weigh out your options it may not be worth saving a few bucks to drag the little ones out. A 20 pound toddler can feel like 150 pounds by 7am!!
* Work as a team. If you can plan ahead and work with at least one other person. Combine your lists and ensure that someone is in the main departments that you need at the time the store opens. This ensures that you get the big purchases that you need.
So start your planning and as always if your budget allows sit down and make your list for the year especially for younger children you may need birthday presents for throughout the year. It’s always good to pick up and extra boy and/or girl gift for the last minute birthday party your kids may need to go too also.
This is also a great time to stock up on essentials you are going to need. Here are some examples:
* Clothing (stock up on the next size)
* Coats – Get next years if you have the extra money
* Tools for those household jobs you want to do this year.
While this is one of the biggest days to save for the year but it’s not the only one. Planning ahead is the key to saving so don’t over extend yourself.
Stay tuned for tips to help you make it through the big day as we get closer.
Black Friday Ads Released So Far:
Walmart Click Here
Target Click Here (The Target website has not released the ads yet, these are leaked scans)
Sears Click Here
Staples Click Here
I will update you as more Black Friday ads come in.